Markets

Roswell Auction NM

CV_LS151   **date correction**

Clovis, NM    **Tuesday**, October 7, 2014   USDA-NM Dept of Ag Market News



Roswell Livestock Auction Summary - Roswell, NM - Monday, October 6, 2014



Receipts: 696                 Week Ago: 526             Last year: 682 



   Compared to a week ago:  Stocker and feeder steers steady to 3.00 lower except 400-500 

lbs 6.00 lower.  No accurate comparison on heifers but a lower undertone noted.  

Slaughter cows and bulls 1.00-2.00 higher. Trade active, demand good.  Bulk supply Medium 

and Large 1-2 300-700 lb feeder steers and heifers. Slaughter cows 11 percent of the 

offering, slaughter bulls 3 percent, bred cows 12 percent, pairs 2 percent, feeders 72 

percent. In the feeder supply, steers made up approximately 66 percent of the run; feeder 

bulls 8 percent; heifers 26 percent; steers and heifers over 600 lbs total 34 percent.



   Steers: Medium and Large 1:  Few 250-300 lbs 345.00-350.00; 300-358 lbs 331.00-341.00; 

few 360-379 lbs 291.00-300.00; 400-450 lbs 288.00-289.00; 450-500 lbs 271.00-293.00; 500-

550 lbs 259.00-266.00; 550-600 lbs 243.00-252.00; 600-650 lbs 232.00-248.00; 650-700 lb 

calves 219.00-229.00; lot 651 lb fancy calves 239.50; 700-800 lbs 213.50-214.00; pkg 732 

lb weaned calves 208.50; 800-850 lbs 207.00-214.50.   

   Medium and Large 1-2:  400-450 lbs 260.00-277.00; 450-500 lbs 251.00-264.00; pkg 564 

lbs 245.00; pkg 581 lbs 230.00; pkg 663 lbs 214.00; pkg 699 lb calves 205.00; pkg 727 lb 

weaned calves 211.00; pkg 868 lbs 175.50.

   Medium and Large 2:  Pkg 250 lbs 329.00; pkg 307 lbs 328.00; lot 434 lbs 246.00; pkg 

572 lb gaunt 245.00; pkg 599 lbs 220.00; pkg 675 lbs 210.00; pkgs 702-725 lbs 190.00-

195.00.



   Feeder Bulls:  Medium and Large 1-3:  500-550 lbs 229.00-242.00; pkg 595 lbs 165.00; 

pkg 646 lbs 215.00; pkg 679 lbs 155.00; pkgs 820-868 lbs 120.00-130.00; few 880-1020 lbs 

116.00-130.00.  

   

   Heifers: Medium and Large 1:  Few 260-298 lbs 318.00-319.00; few 400-455 lbs 260.00-

268.00; few 500-550 lbs 215.00-225.00; pkg 605 lbs 235.00; pkg 638 lb calves 209.00; ind 

725 lbs 175.00; pkg 905 lbs 158.00.  

   Medium and Large 1-2:  Pkg 248 lbs 314.00; pkg 409 lb thin 249.00; pkg 487 lbs 230.00; 

pkgs 516-533 lbs 205.00-216.00; pkg 688 lbs 190.00.

   Medium and Large 2:  Lot 326 lbs 290.00; pkg 459 lbs 226.00; pkg 561 lbs 178.50.

  

   Slaughter Cows:

           % Lean    Weight      Avg Dressing      Hi Dressing       Lo Dressing

Breakers    75-80   1200-1600       102.50             ---           88.75-95.00   

Breakers    75-80    850-1200         ---              ---               ---  

Boners      80-85   1200-2000    110.25-115.00         ---             107.50     

Boners      80-85    800-1200    110.00-115.50       122.50         107.00-109.00

Lean        85-90   1200-2000    107.50-115.00       122.00             90.00     

Lean        85-90    850-1200    105.00-115.00       117.50          81.50- 93.50 

Lean        85-90     750-850         ---              ---                --- 

Lean        85-90   under 750         ---              ---                ---



   Slaughter Bulls: 

         Yield Grade 1-2        1160-1880 lbs   129.00-138.50

         High Dressing          1525-2095 lbs   140.50-142.50

         Low Dressing           1000-1300 lbs   124.25-126.50



   Stocker Cows: Few young cows 755-1095 124.00-145.00; aged cows 875-1345 lbs 1-6 months 

bred 110.00-124.00.

   

   Replacement Cows: Medium and Large 1-2:  Young 935-1070 lb cows 3-6 months bred 

1625.00-1775.00, per head; middle aged 1035-1425 lb cows 1-8 months bred 1250.00-1700.00, 

per head.







   First Calf Heifers: 840-1125 lbs 1-6 months bred 1600.00-2000.00, per head.



   Cow/Calf Pairs: Young 800-1150 lb cows w/250-300 lb calves 1700.00-2425.00, per pair; 

middle aged 1000-1315 lb cows w/130-400 lb calves 2100.00-2450.00, per pair; aged ind 975 

lb cow w/225 lb calf 1525.00. per pair.  



   First Calf Heifers:  Ind 630 lbs w/150 lb calf 2000.00, per pair.      

      

Source: NM Dept. of Ag-USDA Market News Clovis, NM

              Gary Lewis 575-762-3705 gary.lewis@ams.usda.gov

              24 hr. markets 575-763-3030 Fax 575-742-2523

              www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/cv_ls151.txt



1000m gl/kb

No comments

Add new comment

(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Welcome

to our redesigned homepage!

Scroll Down for more stories