Markets

Senatobia Livestock Auction MS



JK_LS154

Jackson, MS    Fri Jul 11, 2014    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News



Senatobia, MS - Senatobia Stockyard

Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Thu Jul 10, 2014



Receipts     This week    643       Last Week    0



Compared to last week slaughter cows no trend. Slaughter bulls no trend. 

Feeder steers no trend. Feeder heifers no trend. Feeder consisted of 53 

percent steers and 47 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs 

78 percent over 600 lbs 7 percent. Total receipts were made up of 85 percent 

feeders, 13 percent slaughter cows and 2 percent Pairs/Replacements. 



   Slaughter Cows:

               Weight (lbs)   Pct Lean     Average Dress        High Dress



Breakers       850-1200       70-80%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Boners         850-1200       80-85%        93.00 -    100.0   105.5-      112.5

Lean           850-1200       85-90%        82.50 -    90.00    0.00-       0.00

Lean           750-850        85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Lean           under750       85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00





   SLAUGHTER BULLS:  Yield grade 1-2  1000-1500 lbs 120.00-130.00; 

1500-2000 lbs 118.00-125.00.



   FEEDER STEERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

200-300 lbs 283.00-307.50; 300-350 lbs 275.00-290.00; 

350-400 lbs 252.00-266.00; 400-450 lbs 240.00-252.00; 

450-500 lbs 234.00-245.00; 500-600 lbs 215.00-225.00 up to 235.00; 

600-650 lbs 202.50-217.00; 650-700 lbs 189.00-200.00.



 Medium & Large 3  300-350 lbs 260.00-270.00; 

350-400 lbs 240.00-251.00; 400-450 lbs 227.00-239.00; 

450-500 lbs 222.00-232.00; 500-600 lbs 200.00-212.00; 

600-650 lbs 190.00-200.00.



   FEEDER HEIFERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

300-350 lbs 245.00-254.00; 350-400 lbs 221.00-232.00; 

400-450 lbs 219.00-229.00; 450-500 lbs 211.00-221.00; 

500-550 lbs 204.00-215.00; 550-600 lbs 200.00-206.00;

600-700 lbs 188.00-194.00.



 Medium & Large 3  350-400 lbs 200.00-219.00; 

400-450 lbs 200.00-215.00; 450-500 lbs 197.00-209.00; 

500-550 lbs 190.00-200.00; 550-600 lbs 180.00-192.00.





Source:  Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce - USDA Market News Service



         Jackson, MS   Michael Lasseter, Market Reporter, (601) 359-1159

         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS154

0900c  ml

No comments

Add new comment

(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Welcome

to our redesigned homepage!

Scroll Down for more stories