Markets

Senatobia Livestock Auction MS

JK_LS154
Jackson, MS    Fri Aug 1, 2014    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News

Senatobia, MS - Senatobia Stockyard
Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Thu Jul 31, 2014

Receipts     This week    459       Last Week    0

Compared to last week slaughter cows no trend. Slaughter bulls no trend. 
Feeder steers no trend. Feeder heifers no trend. Feeder consisted of 55 
percent steers and 45 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs 
76 percent over 600 lbs 14 percent. Total receipts were made up of 90 percent 
feeders, 8 percent slaughter cows and 2 percent Pairs/Replacements. 

   Slaughter Cows:
               Weight (lbs)   Pct Lean     Average Dress        High Dress

Breakers       850-1200       70-80%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00
Boners         850-1200       80-85%        93.50 -    104.0   106.0-      110.0
Lean           850-1200       85-90%        80.00 -    92.00    0.00-       0.00
Lean           750-850        85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00
Lean           under750       85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

   SLAUGHTER BULLS:  Yield grade 1-2  1000-1500 lbs 0.00-0.00; 
1500-2000 lbs 128.00-140.00.

   FEEDER STEERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  
300-350 lbs 293.00-308.00; 350-400 lbs 275.00-285.00; 
400-500 lbs 240.50-252.00; 500-550 lbs 220.00-232.00; 
550-600 lbs 216.00-223.00; 600-700 lbs 208.00-216.00.

 Medium & Large 3  400-500 lbs 228.00-239.00;
500-550 lbs 208.00-219.00; 550-600 lbs 200.00-212.00; 
600-700 lbs 197.50-207.00.

   FEEDER HEIFERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  
300-400 lbs 240.00-255.00; 400-450 lbs 230.00-240.00; 
450-500 lbs 220.00-230.00; 500-550 lbs 212.00-223.00; 
550-600 lbs 208.00-216.00; 600-650 lbs 190.00-203.00.

 Medium & Large 3  400-450 lbs 220.00-227.00; 
450-500 lbs 210.00-219.00; 500-550 lbs 200.00-210.00.

Source:  Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce - USDA Market News Service

         Jackson, MS   Michael Lasseter, Market Reporter, (601) 359-1159
         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS154
0900c  ml

No comments

Add new comment

(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Welcome

to our redesigned homepage!

Scroll Down for more stories