Markets

Senatobia Livestock Auction MS



JK_LS154

Jackson, MS    Fri Oct 24, 2014    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News



Senatobia, MS - Senatobia Stockyard

Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Thu Oct 23, 2014



Receipts     This week    316       Last Week    490



Compared to last week slaughter cows trended Steady. Slaughter bulls no trend.

Feeder steers trended Steady. Feeder heifers trended Steady. Feeder consisted 

of 55 percent steers and 45 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs 

72 percent over 600 lbs 14 percent. Total receipts were made up of 86 percent 

feeders, 11 percent slaughter cows and 3 percent Pairs/Replacements. 



   Slaughter Cows:

               Weight (lbs)   Pct Lean     Average Dress        High Dress



Breakers       850-1200       70-80%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Boners         850-1200       80-85%        98.00 -    105.0   106.0-      112.0

Lean           850-1200       85-90%        80.00 -    95.00    0.00-       0.00

Lean           750-850        85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Lean           under750       85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00





   SLAUGHTER BULLS:  Yield grade 1-2  1000-1500 lbs 0.00-0.00; 

1500-2000 lbs 0.00-0.00.



   FEEDER STEERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

300-350 lbs 310.00-320.00; 350-400 lbs 300.00-310.00; 

400-450 lbs 262.50-273.00; 500-600 lbs 244.00-254.00.



 Medium & Large 3  400-450 lbs 247.00-260.00; 

450-500 lbs 240.00-247.50; 500-600 lbs 230.00-242.00; 

600-700 lbs 200.00-215.00.



   FEEDER HEIFERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

300-350 lbs 260.00-272.50; 400-450 lbs 251.00-260.00; 

450-500 lbs 240.00-250.00; 500-600 lbs 223.00-232.00; 

600-700 lbs 216.00-223.00.



 Medium & Large 3  600-700 lbs 204.00-212.00.



   REPLACEMENT & FEEDER COWS:  Medium & Large 1-2 Middle Aged (4-8 yrs) 

965-1285 Lbs 3-5 months bred 1218.00-1464.00.





Source:  Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce - USDA Market News Service

         Jackson, MS   Michael Lasseter, Market Reporter, (601) 359-1159

         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS154

0900c  ml

No comments

Add new comment

(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Welcome

to our redesigned homepage!

Scroll Down for more stories