Markets

Senatobia Livestock Auction MS



JK_LS154

Jackson, MS    Fri Oct 31, 2014    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News



Senatobia, MS - Senatobia Stockyard

Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Thu Oct 30, 2014



Receipts     This week    302       Last Week    316



Compared to last week slaughter cows trended Steady. Slaughter bulls no trend.

Feeder steers trended Steady. Feeder heifers trended Steady. Feeder consisted 

of 60 percent steers and 40 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs 

66 percent over 600 lbs 17 percent. Total receipts were made up of 83 percent 

feeders, 15 percent slaughter cows and 2 percent Pairs/Replacements. 



   Slaughter Cows:

               Weight (lbs)   Pct Lean     Average Dress        High Dress



Breakers       850-1200       70-80%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Boners         850-1200       80-85%        95.50 -    105.0    0.00-       0.00

Lean           850-1200       85-90%        80.00 -    92.50    0.00-       0.00

Lean           750-850        85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00

Lean           under750       85-90%         0.00 -     0.00    0.00-       0.00





   SLAUGHTER BULLS:  Yield grade 1-2  1000-1500 lbs 0.00-0.00; 

1500-2000 lbs 0.00-0.00.



   FEEDER STEERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

300-350 lbs 310.00-325.00; 350-400 lbs 295.00-305.00; 

400-450 lbs 272.50-285.00; 450-500 lbs 250.00-264.00;

500-550 lbs 245.00-253.00; 550-600 lbs 239.00-246.00; 

600-650 lbs 221.00-230.00.



 Medium & Large 3  350-400 lbs 275.00-285.00; 

400-450 lbs 260.00-270.00; 450-500 lbs 235.00-249.00;

600-650 lbs 210.00-216.00.



   FEEDER HEIFERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  

250-300 lbs 275.00-297.50; 300-400 lbs 260.00-267.50; 

400-450 lbs 251.00-260.00.



 Medium & Large 3  450-500 lbs 212.00-225.00; 

500-550 lbs 208.00-217.00.





Source:  Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce - USDA Market News Service



         Jackson, MS   Michael Lasseter, Market Reporter, (601) 359-1159

         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS154

0900c  ml

No comments

Add new comment

(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.
(If you're a human, don't change the following field)
Your first name.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Welcome

to our redesigned homepage!

Scroll Down for more stories