Salt Lake City, UT June 14, 2013 USDA-Ut Dept of Ag Market News
Utah Direct Cattle Report Weekly Summary
Slaughter Cattle 2,075. Last Week: 2,050. Year Ago: 2,100
Compared to last week, Slaughter Steers and Heifers were steady live and steady on a dressed basis, compared with last week. Trading was moderate.
Slaughter Steers: 1,100 Head: Choice 2-3 1100-1300 lbs 123.00-125.00. Dressed Basis Choice 2-3 600-900 lbs carcasses 196.00-198.00.
Slaughter Heifers: 975 Head: Choice 2-3 1000-1100 lbs 122.00-125.00. Dressed Basis Choice 2-3 550-800 lb carcasses 195.00-198.00.
Source: USDA-UT Dept of Ag Market News, Salt Lake City, Ut.
Phone (435-230-0402. )
Weekly Utah Livestock Review UT
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain