Salt Lake City, UT November 1, 2013 USDA-Ut Dept of Ag Market News
Utah Direct Cattle Report Weekly Summary
Slaughter Cattle 2,150. Last Week: 2,150. Year Ago: 2,100
Compared to last week, Slaughter Steers and Heifers 1.00 higher live and 2.00 higher on a dressed basis, compared with last week. Trading was moderate.
Slaughter Steers: 1,275 Head: Choice 2-3 1100-1300 lbs 129.00-131.00. Dressed Basis Choice 2-3 600-900 lbs carcasses 202.00-205.00.
Slaughter Heifers: 975 Head: Choice 2-3 1000-1100 lbs 128.00-131.00. Dressed Basis Choice 2-3 550-800 lb carcasses 201.00-204.00
Weekly Utah Livestock Review UT
- Crop futures proved quite weak again Friday morning
- Feedlot management: The key to finding and keeping good help
- Beef Checkoff sets sights on $39 million in investments
- Is there room for improved farm production efficiency?
- Cattle Outlook: Cattle on feed down one percent from last year
- 50 beef cattle profit tips
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- Jolley: Winchester Dairy accused of animal abuse
- Commentary: The ultimate squelch on GMO labeling
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’
- Conservationists demand end to killing Yellowstone bison
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees