Salt Lake City, UT November 1, 2013 USDA-Ut Dept of Ag Market News
Utah Direct Cattle Report Weekly Summary
Slaughter Cattle 2,150. Last Week: 2,150. Year Ago: 2,100
Compared to last week, Slaughter Steers and Heifers 1.00 higher live and 2.00 higher on a dressed basis, compared with last week. Trading was moderate.
Slaughter Steers: 1,275 Head: Choice 2-3 1100-1300 lbs 129.00-131.00. Dressed Basis Choice 2-3 600-900 lbs carcasses 202.00-205.00.
Slaughter Heifers: 975 Head: Choice 2-3 1000-1100 lbs 128.00-131.00. Dressed Basis Choice 2-3 550-800 lb carcasses 201.00-204.00
Weekly Utah Livestock Review UT
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain