Des Moines, IA Wed May 23, 2012 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values firm to higher on moderate demand and light to moderate offerings. Select and Choice round and loin cuts firm to higher while
chuck and rib steady to weak. Beef trimmings lower on light to moderate demand
and moderate offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 1.09
at 195.37; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.61 at 187.65; based on 102.03
loads of Choice cuts, 57.85 loads of Select cuts, 19.91 loads of trimmings, and
40.13 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
up 0.56 at 181.96; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.31 at 174.64
Current index reflects the equivalent of 164280 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 179.4 up 0.50.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at 13.32 up 0.01.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK NW_LS500
Sales reported on 81 loads of pork cuts and 9 loads of trim/process pork
Compared to Tuesday's Close: Fresh bone-in loins firm; butts
steady to 1.00 lower; sknd hams 20-27 lbs 1.00 lower; sdls bellies not tested;
lean trimmings 3.00-5.00 lower. Trading slow to moderate, with mostly light
demand and light to mostly moderate offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65"-0.80" back
fat at last rib.* **78.64 dn -0.96.** Loins bone in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21#
DN-LGT 130.00-138.00; Hams bone in trimmed, 20-23 lbs trim spec 1 65.00; 23-27
lbs trim spec 1 65.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 319
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 18 487.19
45-55# 38 414.18
55-65# 73 383.97
65-75# 15 335.00
75-85# 30 330.00
85-UP 145 292.28
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 124,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 417,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Nancy Gallagher 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- YSA members gain insight into agribusiness, retail industries
- Meat industry associations quick to attack the new MCOOL rule
- Team up against bovine respiratory disease
- Oil prices pare losses on U.S. equities turnaround
- Future of food discussion with Agriculture Secretary
- Ag markets diverged prove rather volatile on Thursday
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago