Des Moines, IA Fri Feb 15, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed Beef cutout values Lower on Choice and higher on Select on light demand and
light to moderate offerings. Select and Choice rib and round cuts steady. Chuck
cuts weak on Choice and higher on Select. Loin cuts lower on Choice and steady
on Select. Beef trimmings lower on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 1.58
at 181.95; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.80 at 180.40; based on 69.04
loads of Choice cuts, 25.89 loads of Select cuts, 14.96 loads of Trimmings, and
32.51 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
Dn 1.27 at 175.25; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.07 at 171.69.
Current index reflects the equivalent of 173,625 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 167.26 up 0.76.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at 13.68
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK NW_LS500
Sales reported on 34.25 loads of pork cuts and 8.75 loads of trim/process
Compared to Thursday's Close: Fresh 1/4" trimmed bone-in loins 1.00 higher;
butts unevenly steady; sknd hams 20-27 lbs 2.00 higher; sdls bellies 14-18 lbs
steady; lean trimmings unevenly steady. Trading very slow, with light to moderate
demand and offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80" back
fat at last rib.* **80.00 dn 0.10.** Loins bone in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-
LGT 114.00; Hams bone in trimmed, 20-23 lbs trim spec 1 76.00; seedless bellies
14-16 lbs 132.00; 16-18 lbs 130.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,806
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 75 401.41
45-55# 46 302.33
55-65# 204 275.06
65-75# 536 256.65
75-85# 545 237.03
85-UP 400 214.10
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 110,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 408,000; Sheep: 6,000
Source: USDA Market News, Des Moines, IA
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- AgriLife Extension unveils new feral hog management app
- Repurposing and salvage value on cattle operations
- Commentary: Death to ritual slaughter
- Implementation of 2014 Farm Bill allows farmers time to choose
- Livestock antimicrobial use once again in the headlines
- 2014 Beef Feedlot Roundtable webinars are now available online
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Weak Asian markets weighed on crop markets Sunday night
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- D.C. Watch: California’s water woes reach Washington
Pro Twin Slinger
Kuhn North America Inc.