Des Moines, IA Thu Sep 19, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values weak on Choice and firm on Select on light to moderate
demand and offerings. Select and Choice rib, round, and loin cuts steady to weak
while chuck cuts steady to firm. Beef trimmings steady on light to moderate demand
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.28 at 193.01; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.39 at 176.90;
based on 80.49 loads of Choice cuts, 57.57 loads of Select cuts, 10.74
loads of trimmings, and 24.40 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.21 at 181.39; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.13
Current index reflects the equivalent of 119,780 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
161.37 dn 1.70.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.99 up 0.08.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 310.4 loads of pork cuts and 28.88 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 99.30 dn -0.22.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 113.00-136.00; 20-23 lbs trim selected ham 84.96-94.50; 23-27 lbs trim
selected ham 83.00-103.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,646
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 85 334.06
45-55# 86 329.36
55-65# 606 263.23
65-75# 472 253.31
75-85# 253 246.61
85-UP Price not reported due to confidentiality
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 121,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 429,000; Sheep: 9,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
lmc 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- Is there a right to farm?
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- U.S. Cattlemen's Association continues to support COOL
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector