Des Moines, IA Fri Nov 08, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values weak to lower on very light to light demand and light
offerings. Select and Choice rib, chuck, round, and loin cuts weak to lower.
Beef trimmings generally steady on light demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 1.20 at 202.79; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.43 at 189.74;
based on 59.74 loads of Choice cuts, 24.13 loads of Select cuts, 7.21
loads of trimmings, and 16.58 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.98 at 192.81; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.59
Current index reflects the equivalent of 111,883 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
156.12 dn 0.51.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.63 down 0.02.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 316.99 loads of pork cuts and 36 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 94.85 up 0.79.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 108.00-127.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 95.00-119.50; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 92.00-105.00; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 86.22-
113.00; 12-14 lbs skin on bellies 0.00-0.00; 14-16 lbs skin on bellies
123.52-123.76; 16-18 lbs skin on bellies 123.52-123.76.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,686
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 41 399.67
45-55# *Price not reported do to confidentiality
55-65# 361 287.31
65-75# 575 277.43
75-85# 447 272.69
85-UP 214 272.29
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 108,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 431,000; Sheep: 5,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
lmc 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: Sealed with a handshake
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: From coin flip to cattle empire
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: No limitations
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame:Solidifying her legacy
- Forage Focus: New forage seedings, the window of opportunity
- Ag markets had a bad day Tuesday
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- The fork in the road
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?