The number of cattle on feed on December 1, 2012 in Kansas feedlots with 1,000 head or more capacity totaled 2.17 million head, down 8 percent from a year ago and down 2 percent from November 1, 2012. This is the lowest December 1 inventory since 1995 at 2.15 million head. Placements during November totaled 355,000 head, down 5 percent from November 2011 and down 7 percent from October 2012 placements. Marketings during November totaled 390,000 head, down 1 percent from November 2011 but up 7 percent from October 2012. Other disappearance was 15,000 head, down 5,000 from last year and down 10,000 head from the previous month. The percent of November placements by weight was: under 600 pounds, 20 percent; 600-699 pounds, 25 percent; 700-799 pounds, 30 percent; and 800 pounds or heavier, 25 percent.
Kansas Cattle on Feed down 8 percent
- Cattle the exception to the bullish ag market rule Thursday
- El Niño is back? Maybe so!
- Ag markets quite mixed Wednesday night
- Effects of post-AI nutrition management on pregnancy results
- It’s not too late to get heifers to target weight by breeding
- Balancing the ranch for protein and energy with forages
Pro Twin Slinger
Kuhn North America Inc.