The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 310 thousand head on June 1, 2013, up 5 percent from the previous month but down 3 percent from the June 1, 2012 level. Placements during May were 78 thousand head, down 4 percent from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during May were 61 thousand head, up 13 percent from 2012. Other disappearance during May totaled 2 thousand head.
Okla. Cattle on Feed down 3 percent
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance
- Commentary: Activists claiming victory
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- 2015 fiscal agriculture exports projected down from 2014
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle traded 'unevenly steady' this week
- Beef association president comments on beef from Argentina