The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 310 thousand head on June 1, 2013, up 5 percent from the previous month but down 3 percent from the June 1, 2012 level. Placements during May were 78 thousand head, down 4 percent from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during May were 61 thousand head, up 13 percent from 2012. Other disappearance during May totaled 2 thousand head.
Okla. Cattle on Feed down 3 percent
- 300 Days of Grazing field day set for Nov. 18 at SWREC
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- Emergency preparedness workshops planned for livestock operations
- Ohio State offers commercial pesticide applicator recertification
- Red Angus selection indices estimate profitability
- Ag conservation publication available from Purdue Extension