The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 275 thousand head on April 1, 2014, up 2 percent from the previous month but down 10 percent from the April 1, 2013 level. Placements during March were 52 thousand head, down 5 percent from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during March were 46 thousand head, down 13 percent from 2013. Other disappearance during March totaled 1 thousand head.
Oklahoma cattle on feed up 2 percent
- 300 Days of Grazing field day set for Nov. 18 at SWREC
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- Emergency preparedness workshops planned for livestock operations
- Ohio State offers commercial pesticide applicator recertification
- Red Angus selection indices estimate profitability
- Ag conservation publication available from Purdue Extension