The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 275 thousand head on April 1, 2014, up 2 percent from the previous month but down 10 percent from the April 1, 2013 level. Placements during March were 52 thousand head, down 5 percent from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during March were 46 thousand head, down 13 percent from 2013. Other disappearance during March totaled 1 thousand head.
Oklahoma cattle on feed up 2 percent
- Defining stockmanship
- Crop futures diverged from livestock markets Wednesday night
- Cargill issues corporate responsibility report
- Will corn be a viable option for backgrounders this fall?
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge