The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 345 thousand head on December 1, 2012, unchanged from the previous month but down 10 percent from the December 1, 2011 level. Placements during November were 56 thousand head, down 7 percent from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during November were 54 thousand head, down 11 percent from 2011. Other disappearance during November totaled 2 thousand head.
Oklahoma Cattle on Feed down 10 percent
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector