The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 345 thousand head on December 1, 2012, unchanged from the previous month but down 10 percent from the December 1, 2011 level. Placements during November were 56 thousand head, down 7 percent from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during November were 54 thousand head, down 11 percent from 2011. Other disappearance during November totaled 2 thousand head.
Oklahoma Cattle on Feed down 10 percent
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future