The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 345 thousand head on December 1, 2012, unchanged from the previous month but down 10 percent from the December 1, 2011 level. Placements during November were 56 thousand head, down 7 percent from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during November were 54 thousand head, down 11 percent from 2011. Other disappearance during November totaled 2 thousand head.
Oklahoma Cattle on Feed down 10 percent
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- Building beef cow herd requires quality management and genetics