The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 270 thousand head on November 1, 2013, down 5 percent from the previous month and down 22 percent from the November 1, 2012 level. Placements during October were 65 thousand head, unchanged from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during October were 78 thousand head, up 44 percent from 2012. Other disappearance during October totaled 2 thousand head.
Oklahoma Cattle on Feed down 22 percent
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
More Than Manure® (MTM®) Nutrient Manager