The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 270 thousand head on November 1, 2013, down 5 percent from the previous month and down 22 percent from the November 1, 2012 level. Placements during October were 65 thousand head, unchanged from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during October were 78 thousand head, up 44 percent from 2012. Other disappearance during October totaled 2 thousand head.
Oklahoma Cattle on Feed down 22 percent
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain