The Oklahoma inventory of cattle on feed for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head, totaled 270 thousand head on November 1, 2013, down 5 percent from the previous month and down 22 percent from the November 1, 2012 level. Placements during October were 65 thousand head, unchanged from a year ago. Marketings of fed cattle during October were 78 thousand head, up 44 percent from 2012. Other disappearance during October totaled 2 thousand head.
Oklahoma Cattle on Feed down 22 percent
- THE ag parody you've been waiting for
- Marbling and functional cows
- Ten universities receive research grants to study climate change
- Meeting the cows’ nutritional needs after calving
- Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association ranching event
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems