Derrell Peel explains the current challenges in the feedlot sector, the opportunities for feeder cattle operators and what the anticipated record corn crop could mean for the industry.
Contrasting outlook between stocker operations and feedyards
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- Building beef cow herd requires quality management and genetics