Jefferson City, MO Thu Jan 3, 2013 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Carthage-Joplin Regional Stockyards
Cow and Bull Auction 1/02/13
Receipts: 635 Last Week: No sale Last Year: 1705
Compared to two weeks ago, slaughter cows sold steady with a few in-
stances 1.00 higher and slaughter bulls sold steady. The offering included
a light supply of bred cows and a very light supply of cow/calf pairs. Most
of the area received a small amount of moisture over the Holiday’s in the form
snow and light rain. Feels like winter today with high temperatures in the mid
thirty’s. Supply was light and demand good for slaughter classes.
Percent Lean Bulk High Dressing Low Dressing
Breaking 70-80 74.00-79.50 78.00-86.50 67.00-74.50
Boning 80-85 73.00-78.50 78.00-86.50 65.50-73.00
Lean 85-90 65.50-72.00 72.00-79.00 55.00-66.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1240-2430 lbs 91.00-97.00; high
dressing 98.00-103.50; low dressing 83.00-89.00.
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 1 1/2-3 yrs 755-1177 lbs
97.00-118.00; 3-7 yrs 945-1313 lbs 75.00-87.00.
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 2 yrs to short and solid mouth 2nd and
3rd stage 1100-1275 lbs most 1075.00-1275.00, some better quality 1350.00-
1450.00, few 1st stage 1095-1225 lbs 975.00-1225.00; short and solid mouth
2nd stage and broken mouth to aged 3rd stage 1165-1250 lbs 850.00-1035.00.
Large 1-2 2-6 yrs 2nd and 3rd stage 1400-1550 lbs 1110.00-1400.00; short
and solid mouth to aged 2nd and 3rd stage 1460-1630 lbs 1020.00-1150.00.
Medium and Large 2 2-6 yrs 2nd and 3rd stage 975-1080 lbs 860.00-1025.00.
Medium 1-2 3 yr 3rd stage 950 lb indiv. 960.00, 1st stage 930 lb indiv.
885.00 per head.
Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 4 yrs to short and solid mouth
1085-1300 lb cows w/babies to 400 lb calves 1400.00-1700.00. Medium and
Large 2 5 yr 875 lb cow w/275 lb calf 860.00. Medium 1-2 6 yrs pkg. 1050
lb cows w/160 lb calves 1275.00; broken mouth 1000 lb cow w/100 lb calf
875.00 per pair.
Source: Missouri Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Joplin, MO
Don Kleiboeker Market Reporter, 573-751-5618
24 Hour Market line number 1-573-522-9244
Joplin Cow & Bull Auction MO
- Water Supply Forecast: Record snow in Northwest, dry Southwest
- Beef Checkoff Presents the Power of Umami
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- What’s in your Balage? Inadequate fermentation may risk Botulism
- The critical role of broadleaf pollinator plants in pastures
- Corn procurement strategies for cattle feeders
- Defiant Nevada rancher wins ‘range war’ with feds…for now
- Jolley: The feds have been bundied
- Jolley: Five minutes with CSPI's bad science
- Northeast started 2014 by “Livin’ Lean. Lovin’ Beef”
- Minimizing the risks of fescue toxicosis in cattle
- Ukraine-Russia situation clearly supporting the crop markets