Frankfort, KY Mon June 9, 2014 USDA-KY Dept of Ag Market News
Laurel Livestock sales, London Kentucky
(Cattle weighed at time of arrival)
Cattle Receipts: 113 Last week: 211 Last year 190
Compared to last week: Feeder steer and heifers steady to 2.00 higher.
Slaughter cows and bulls steady.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1-2 200-300; 279.00-300.00; 300-400 lbs
230.00-242.00; 400-500 lbs weak test; 500-600 lbs 200.00-213.50; 600-700 lbs
200.00-209.00; 700-800 lbs weak test; 800-900 lbs 162.00; 900-1000 lbs weak
test. Medium and Large 2-3 400-500 lbs 154.00-162.00; 500-600 lbs 169.00-
174.00; 600-700 lbs 155.00-160.00.
Feeder Bulls: Medium and Large 1-2 300-400 lbs 219.00-240.00; 400-500 lbs
210.00-222.00; 500-600 lbs 189.00-207.00; 600-700 lbs 186.00-195.00; 700-800 lbs
165.00; 800-900 lbs no test.
Feeder heifers: Medium and Large 1-2 300-400 lbs 199.00-214.00; 400-500 lbs
No test; 500-600 lbs 194.00-201.00; 600-700 lbs 167.00-175.00; 700-800 lbs
No test; 800-900 lbs no test. Medium and Large 2-3 400-500 lbs 159.00-
172.00; 500-600 lbs 160.00-176.00; 600-700 lbs 143.00-148.00.
Percent Lean Weight Avg-Dress Hi-Dress Lo-Dress
Breaker 75-80 1100-1800 92.00-96.00 99.00-104.00
Boners 80-85 1100-1500 90.00-94.00
Lean 85-90 1050-1100 75.00-79.00
Y.G. Weights Avg-Dress Hi-Dress Low Dress
1-2 1600-2100 122.00-125.00 135.00-140.00 116.00
Stock Cows: Medium and Large cows 18 months-10 years old 4-9 months
bred 1200.00-1500.00 per hd.
Cow/calves: Medium and Large 1-2 with 100 to 200 pound calves 1600.00-
2000.00 per pair.
Stock Bulls: no test
Head Calves: baby beef: no test
Source: Travis Gabbard (Market Specialist)
Kentucky Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Frankfort, KY
Travis Gabbard@USDA.gov Phone 606-260-1404
*This report reflects prices of the majority of cattle with a USDA grade,
weight and sex on this sale date. This report does not represent all animals
at the sale on that date.*
London, TX Livestock Auction
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future
- Monday Market Sentiment: 5-area cash cattle remains steady
- Value of beef exports up again in August
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Tuesday morning
- U.S. urges Japan to be 'bold' in Pacific trade pact talks
- $3.6M to assist California farmers with drought
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- Is there a right to farm?
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- U.S. Cattlemen's Association continues to support COOL
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: Veggie burger vs. dog food
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges