Las Cruces, NM Feb 4, 2013 USDA Market
Daily Import Total Sales
Feb 1, 2013
Santa Teresa, NM. EST: 2100
Compared to Thursday, steer calves and yearlings steady. Heifers
steady. Trade active, demand good. Supply consisted of steers and
spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 175.00-185.00; 400-500
lbs 160.00-170.00; 500-600 lbs 145.00-155.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 165.00-175.00; 400-500 lbs 150.00-160.00; 500-600 lbs 135.00-145.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 145.00-155.00; 400-500
lbs 135.00-145.00; 500-600 lbs 124.00-134.00.
Douglas, TX. EST: 1000
Compared to Thursday, steer calves and yearlings 2.00 higher. Trade
active, demand good. Supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 172.00-182.00; 400-500
lbs 157.00-167.00; 500-600 lbs 142.00-152.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 162.00-172.00; 400-500 lbs 147.00-157.00; 500-600 lbs 132.00-142.00.
source: USDA Market News Service, Las Cruces, NM.
John Langenegger 575-527-6861, 575-649-2962
Fax 575-527-6868 LasCrucesNM-Lpsmnls@ams.usda.gov
Mexico To U.S. - Feeder Cattle Prices
- Grain and dairy producers can get commodity marketing update
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices steady, volume heavy this week
- Next Heuermann Lecture to Focus on Importance of Ag Communication
- Steers and lower corn prices boost cattle dressed weights
- Most ag markets ended the week rather poorly
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Heifer selection: It’s not just about phenotype
- Local corn prices dip below $2 in some areas
- Arby's celebrates 50th with Mega Meat Stacks
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- NCBA vows to fight USDA plan to create 2nd beef checkoff program
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle markets still strong