Las Cruces, NM Jan 22, 2014 USDA Market news
Daily Import Total Sales
Jan 21, 2014
Santa Teresa, NM. EST: 1200
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00 higher. Trade
active, demand good. Supply consisted of steers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 196.00-206.00; 400-500
lbs 179.00-189.00; 500-600 lbs 161.00-171.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 186.00-196.00; 400-500 lbs 169.00-179.00; 500-600 lbs 151.00-161.00.
Presidio, TX. EST: 600
No recent sales to compare to, however a higher undertone noted. Trade
active, demand good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 195.00-205.00; 400-500
lbs 178.00-188.00; 500-600 lbs 161.00-171.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 185.00-195.00; 400-500 lbs 168.00-178.00; 500-600 lbs 151.00-161.00.
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger, OIC 575-527-6861, 575-649-2962
Fax 575-527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico To U.S. - Feeder Cattle Prices
- Crop futures proved quite weak again Friday morning
- Prepare livestock for various disastrous situations
- 50 beef cattle profit tips
- Cattle Outlook: Cattle on feed down one percent from last year
- Feedlot management: The key to finding and keeping good help
- Will Southern California hit a weather jackpot?
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- Jolley: Winchester Dairy accused of animal abuse
- Commentary: The ultimate squelch on GMO labeling
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’
- Conservationists demand end to killing Yellowstone bison
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees