St. Joseph, MO Mon May 06, 2013 USDA-MO Dept Ag Market News
St. Joseph, MO Stockyards
Slaughter Cattle Open for 05/06/2013
Compared to last week, slaughter cows sold steady with slaughter bulls
trading 3.00-4.00 higher. Slaughter steers and heifers were not tested.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 70-80 72.00-74.00 few 75.00-77.00 few 71.00-72.00
Boning 80-85 71.00-75.00 75.00-77.50 70.00-71.00
Lean 85-90 62.00-70.00 71.00-73.00 45.00-60.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1350-2240 lbs 95.00-100.00, high dressing
103.00-106.00, low dressing 90.00-92.00.
SOURCE: USDA-MO Dept of Ag Market News Service, St. Joseph, MO
Baldemar Ortiz, 816-676-7000 StJoe.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 1-573-522-9244
St. Joseph Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future