Kearney, NE Thu Jan 17, 2013 USDA-NE Dept of Ag Market News
Valentine, NE - Valentine Livestock Auction
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 01/17/2013
Receipts: 1340 Last Week: 4370 Year Ago: 0
Bred heifer and cow auction consisted mostly of black angus bred to
black bulls, a good crowd on hand today for bred heifers but diminished
at the end of the day. Demand was good for all offerings with several
bids on the internet. Next Auction January 24th
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1: Heifers 864-1133 $1200.00-$1590.00
Young 1103-1398 lbs $1300.00-$1450.00. Middle aged 1144-1593 lbs
$1075.00-$1610.00. Short/Solid 1140-1710 lbs $850.00-$1350.00.
Broken Mouth 1157-1449 lbs $840.00-$1060.00.
Cows-Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1: Mix Ages 1436 lbs 150 lb calves
Fall Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1: Young 906 lbs $1050.00.
Source: NE Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Kearney, NE
Shareen Dearmont 308-390-5399
24 Hr Recorded Markets 620-369-9311
Valentine, NE Livestock Auction Market
No matching related articles at this time.
- Commentary: New rules un-COOL
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- TSCRA works with sale barns to catch Houston cattle thief
- NASA backs 3D food printer to feed growing population
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock