Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Mar 16, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 31,000 Week ago Act: 27,092 Year ago Act: 28,111
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings mostly steady,
with a few sales 2.00 lower. Heifers 3.00 lower. Trade active,
demand moderated to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and
spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1, 300-400 lbs 190.00-205.00; 400-500
lbs 178.00-193.00; 500-600 lbs 168.00-180.00; Medium and large 1&2, 300-400
lbs 185.00-200.00; 400-500 lbs 175.00-188.00; 500-600 lbs 165.00-176.00;
Medium and large 2, 300-400 lbs 178.00-195.00; 400-500 lbs 168.00-183.00;
500-600 lbs 158.00-170.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 170.00-180.00; 400-500
lbs 160.00-170.00; 500-600 lbs 150.00-160.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Do opponents of crop insurance oppose farm programs in general?
- Ag markets generally mixed again Tuesday morning
- UK first in EU to get Merck's new Schmallenberg vaccine
- Will this summer be a repeat of 2012?
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Monday Market Sentiment: Weekly predictions may show market peak
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- Corn planting pace turns from record slow to record fast
- U.S. cattle placements rise in April as feed costs subside
- Survey reveals most Americans in favor of COOL
- Ag markets were mixed to start the new week