Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Aug 31, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 10,000 Week ago Act: 9,772 Year ago Act: 8,562
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00-3.00 higher.
Heifers steady to 2.00-3.00 higher. Trade and demand moderate.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1, 300-400 lbs 155.00-165.00; 400-500
lbs 140.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-135.00; Medium and large 1&2, 300-400
lbs 152.00-163.00; 400-500 lbs 137.00-148.00; 500-600 lbs 122.00-133.00;
Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 141.00-153.00; 400-500 lbs 126.00-138.00;
500-600 lbs 111.00-123.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 132.00-143.00;
400-500 lbs 123.00-133.00; 500-600 lbs 113.00-125.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Initial bid submitted for S.D. beef facility
- Short- and long-term implications of the RFS waiver
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Video series addresses “superbugs” in meat and poultry products
- Commentary: ’Tis the season
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- Bale grazing popularity continues to grow
- Resource guide assists military veterans interested in farming
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- Thursday's auction offers fresh start for S.D. beef plant