Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Sep 7, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 8,000 Week ago Act: 8,796 Year ago Act: 6,703
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 3.00-5.00 higher.
Heifers 2.00-5.00 higher. Trade and demand moderate. Bulk of supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 155.00-170.00; 400-500
lbs 140.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-140.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 145.00-158.00; 400-500 lbs 130.00-143.00; 500-600 lbs 118.00-130.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 135.00-148.00;
400-500 lbs 125.00-138.00; 500-600 lbs 115.00-128.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Society for Range Management annual Texas meeting set for Oct.7-9
- Blasingame Chair: Reviewing the past and looking to the future
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Beef Marketing Group created to help producers sell cattle
- Islamic State uses agriculture to tighten grip in Iraq
- Texas A&M Extension offers private pesticide applicator training