Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Sep 7, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 8,000 Week ago Act: 8,796 Year ago Act: 6,703
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 3.00-5.00 higher.
Heifers 2.00-5.00 higher. Trade and demand moderate. Bulk of supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 155.00-170.00; 400-500
lbs 140.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-140.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 145.00-158.00; 400-500 lbs 130.00-143.00; 500-600 lbs 118.00-130.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 135.00-148.00;
400-500 lbs 125.00-138.00; 500-600 lbs 115.00-128.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Some South Dakota livestock auctions entering the digital world
- Wet U.S. Midwest sections may lead to fewer corn acres
- U.S. revises meat-labeling rules to satisfy WTO ruling
- Where’s the rain? Parched states can’t shake the drought
- Grass tetany possible this spring
- Weekly U.S. beef sales roar back on purchases by Japan
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago