Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 6,500 Week ago Act: 7,837 Year ago Act: 12,237
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to 2.00 higher.
Heifers 2.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 158.00-170.00; 400-500
lbs 145.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-142.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 146.00-158.00; 400-500 lbs 131.00-145.00; 500-600 lbs 116.00-132.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 138.00-150.00;
400-500 lbs 128.00-140.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-130.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- Commentary: Veggie burger vs. dog food
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector