Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 8,000 Week ago Act: 5,967 Year ago Act: 15,346
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 3.00-5.00 higher.
Heifers 5.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 163.00-176.00; 400-500
lbs 150.00-161.00; 500-600 lbs 135.00-146.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 152.00-163.00; 400-500 lbs 137.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 121.00-135.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 145.00-155.00;
400-500 lbs 135.00-145.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-135.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Jolley: The feds have been bundied
- Weather will dictate cattle trends this year
- Defiant Nevada rancher wins ‘range war’ with feds…for now
- Scours in beef calves prevalent this spring
- Four tips to prepare the herd for spring and summer grazing
- Ranch drought prep – plan for the worst and hope for the best