Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 13,000 Week ago Act: 9,041 Year ago Act: 14,149
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings mostly steady, with
instances to 2.00 lower late in the week. Heifers weighing over 400 lbs
3.00-5.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good. Bulk
of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 164.00-175.00; 400-500
lbs 149.00-160.00; 500-600 lbs 134.00-145.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 150.00-165.00; 400-500 lbs 135.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-135.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 145.00-155.00;
400-500 lbs 138.00-148.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-140.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- NIAA Antibiotics Use and Resistance Symposium nears
- K-State conference focuses on antibiotic regulations
- Considerations to determine whether to retain heifer calves
- Minimizing storage loss on hay
- Fall-applied herbicides: Which weed species should be the target?
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday