Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri oct 5, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 7,000 Week ago Act: 11,345 Year ago Act: 19,145
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 4.00-7.00 higher.
Heifers weighing 2.00-3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand
moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers
weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 170.00-182.00; 400-500
lbs 155.00-167.00; 500-600 lbs 140.00-152.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 156.00-172.00; 400-500 lbs 141.00-157.00; 500-600 lbs 126.00-142.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 148.00-158.00;
400-500 lbs 140.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 132.00-142.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Drier weather to give big boost to U.S. corn plantings
- Prices for corn and soybeans, five years from now
- Agriculture is expected to remain strong in the coming decade
- What sick day? Farmers take just three a year
- Senate Agriculture Committee completes Farm Bill markup