Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri oct 12, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 16,000 Week ago Act: 9,479 Year ago Act: 18,848
Compared to last week, steer calves weighing under 500 lbs 3.00-5.00
higher. Steer calves and yearlings weighing over 500 lbs mostly steady.
Heifers 2.00-4.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to
good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 170.00-185.00; 400-500
lbs 155.00-170.00; 500-600 lbs 140.00-155.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 158.00-175.00; 400-500 lbs 143.00-160.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-145.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 150.00-162.00;
400-500 lbs 142.00-154.00; 500-600 lbs 132.00-144.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- Meat production strains land and water resources, researchers say
- Children's livestock shows have become about competition, money
- Female markets soar during August
- It’s only natural, but what does that mean?
- Food supplement to improve cattle digestive system in the works