Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri oct 26, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 16,000 Week ago Act: 15,702 Year ago Act: 21,554
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to 3.00 higher.
Heifers steady to 1.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to
good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 175.00-190.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 192.00-195.00) 400-500 lbs 162.00-175.00; 500-600 lbs
147.00-160.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 165.00-180.00; 400-500 lbs
150.00-165.00; 500-600 lbs 135.00-150.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 155.00-167.00;
400-500 lbs 145.00-157.00; 500-600 lbs 135.00-147.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?