Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Nov 2, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 19,000 Week ago Act: 16,030 Year ago Act: 26,235
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings weighing under 500
lbs 2.00-3.00 higher. Steer calves and yearlings weighing over 500 lbs
firm to 1.00 higher. Heifers steady to 1.00 higher. Trade moderate to
active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and
spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1, 300-400 lbs 184.00-194.00; 400-500
lbs 170.00-180.00; Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 180.00-192.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 195.00-197.00) 400-500 lbs 165.00-177.00; 500-600 lbs
150.00-160.00; 600-700 lbs 140.00-145.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
168.00-182.00; 400-500 lbs 153.00-167.00; 500-600 lbs 138.00-150.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 157.00-167.00;
400-500 lbs 147.00-157.00; 500-600 lbs 137.00-147.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Crop markets quite mixed after WASDE report
- USDA raises corn export forecast by 25 million bushels
- Funding drought curbs Australia's "food bowl to Asia" ambitions
- Jolley: Quick! What the hell are we eating?
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- FDA lacks clarity in trans fats phase-out process
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- Implementation of 2014 Farm Bill allows farmers time for choices
- Research shows cows aren’t crying wolf
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
Pro Twin Slinger
Kuhn North America Inc.