Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 32,000 Week ago Act: 18,338 Year ago Act: 37,641
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings weak-3.00 lower.
Heifers steady to 3.00 lower. Trade moderate to active, demand moder-
ate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers
weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 172.00-187.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 185.00-190.00.) 400-500 lbs 157.00-
170.00; 500-600 lbs 140.00-152.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
162.00-175.00; 400-500 lbs 147.00-160.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-142.00;
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 150.00-160.00;
400-500 lbs 140.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-140.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan