Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 35,000 Week ago Act: 34,922 Year ago Act: 46,305
Compared to last week, the majority of steer calves and yearlings
traded 2.00-3.00 lower at the beginning of the week, by weeks end steer
calves and yearlings traded near steady with last week. Heifers steady.
Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 165.00-180.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 182.00-185.00.) 400-500 lbs 150.00-
165.00; 500-600 lbs 134.00-148.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
155.00-170.00; 400-500 lbs 140.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 124.00-138.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 145.00-155.00;
400-500 lbs 135.00-145.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-135.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance
- Commentary: Activists claiming victory
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- 2015 fiscal agriculture exports projected down from 2014
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle traded 'unevenly steady' this week