Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 35,000 Week ago Act: 34,922 Year ago Act: 46,305
Compared to last week, the majority of steer calves and yearlings
traded 2.00-3.00 lower at the beginning of the week, by weeks end steer
calves and yearlings traded near steady with last week. Heifers steady.
Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 165.00-180.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 182.00-185.00.) 400-500 lbs 150.00-
165.00; 500-600 lbs 134.00-148.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
155.00-170.00; 400-500 lbs 140.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 124.00-138.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 145.00-155.00;
400-500 lbs 135.00-145.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-135.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wet U.S. Midwest sections may lead to fewer corn acres
- U.S. revises meat-labeling rules to satisfy WTO ruling
- Where’s the rain? Parched states can’t shake the drought
- Grass tetany possible this spring
- Weekly U.S. beef sales roar back on purchases by Japan
- U.S. House votes to force approval of Keystone pipeline
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago