Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
****This will be the last summary of the year. All livestock import
crossings will be closed for the HOlidays, reports will resume the
week of the 7th. Have a safe and happy Holiday season.****
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 30,500 Week ago Act: 34,257 Year ago Act: 23,455
Compared to last week, the majority of steer calves and yearlings
traded mostly steady. Heifers steady to 2.00 lower. Trade moderate
to active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of
steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 165.00-180.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 182.00-185.00.) 400-500 lbs 150.00-
165.00; 500-600 lbs 135.00-150.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
155.00-170.00; 400-500 lbs 140.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-140.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 143.00-155.00;
400-500 lbs 133.00-145.00; 500-600 lbs 123.00-135.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Will corn be a viable option for backgrounders this fall?
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- EPA, Corps hijack Clean Water Act to expand regulatory authority
- Grazing after the growing season