Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jan 11, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 6,500 Week ago Act: 0 Year ago Act: 18,208
Compared to two weeks ago, steer calves and yearlings 3.00-4.00
higher. Heifers 5.00 higher. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of
supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 172.00-182.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 187.00.) 400-500 lbs 157.00-167.00;
500-600 lbs 142.00-152.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 162.00
-172.00; 400-500 lbs 147.00-157.00; 500-600 lbs 132.00-142.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 150.00-160.00;
400-500 lbs 140.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-140.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
Environmental Tillage Systems