Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 16,500 Week ago Act: 7008 Year ago Act: 28,501
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings mostly steady.
Heifers 2.00 lower. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of supply con-
sisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 170.00-182.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 187.00.) 400-500 lbs 155.00-167.00;
500-600 lbs 140.00-152.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 160.00
-172.00; 400-500 lbs 145.00-157.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-142.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 148.00-158.00;
400-500 lbs 138.00-148.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-138.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- UNL Extension to host Husker Beef Nutrition Conference
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Consider creep feeding calves this year
- Mistakes that hurt a farm's credit
- Utah State University Extension receives $8.6 million in grants
- Consider investments in efficiency with extra cattle income