Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 18,000 Week ago Act: 21,070 Year ago Act: 30,748
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00 lower.
Heifers 5.00 lower. Trade modrerate to active, demand moderate
to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers
weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 168.00-180.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 185.00.) 400-500 lbs 153.00-165.00;
500-600 lbs 138.00-150.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 158.00
-170.00; 400-500 lbs 143.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-140.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 140.00-152.00;
400-500 lbs 130.00-142.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-132.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- USDA raises corn export forecast by 25 million bushels
- Funding drought curbs Australia's "food bowl to Asia" ambitions
- Jolley: Quick! What the hell are we eating?
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- FDA lacks clarity in trans fats phase-out process
- Animal-health industry commits to FDA Guidance 213
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Weak Asian markets weighed on crop markets Sunday night
- D.C. Watch: California’s water woes reach Washington
More Than Manure® (MTM®) Nutrient Manager