Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 18,000 Week ago Act: 21,070 Year ago Act: 30,748
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00 lower.
Heifers 5.00 lower. Trade modrerate to active, demand moderate
to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers
weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 168.00-180.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 185.00.) 400-500 lbs 153.00-165.00;
500-600 lbs 138.00-150.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 158.00
-170.00; 400-500 lbs 143.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-140.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 140.00-152.00;
400-500 lbs 130.00-142.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-132.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Buckle your seatbelt for the House consideration of the farm bill
- Got Milk? How much is too much?
- E85 consumption remains the same despite incentives
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Wednesday morning
- Wet conditions threaten hay crop as harvest is delayed
- UNL crop-residue presentations available online
- Will Smith dethroned in latest Peterson Farm Bros. parody
- 3,000 pounds of copper wire stolen from Oklahoma ranch
- Changes in U.S.-Mexican cattle and beef trade
- Crude oil expected to peak and cost of electricity to go down
- Peterson Brothers: What summer vacation?
- Experts weigh in on lowest beef supply in 60 years