Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 20,000 Week ago Act: 17,991 Year ago Act: 27,976
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings firm to 5.00
higher. Heifers steady to 3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active,
demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and
spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 170.00-185.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 185.00-190.00) 400-500 lbs 155.00-
170.00; 500-600 lbs 140.00-155.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
160.00-175.00; 400-500 lbs 145.00-160.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-145.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 142.00-155.00;
400-500 lbs 132.00-145.00; 500-600 lbs 122.00-134.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future