Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 18,000 Week ago Act: 20,743 Year ago Act: 25,104
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings firm to 2.00
higher. Heifers 2.00-3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active,
demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and
spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 173.00-185.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 185.00-190.00) 400-500 lbs 158.00-
170.00; 500-600 lbs 143.00-155.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
163.00-175.00; 400-500 lbs 148.00-160.00; 500-600 lbs 133.00-145.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 147.00-157.00;
400-500 lbs 137.00-147.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-135.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Beef is the centerpiece of many wacky minor league stadium menus
- Commentary: Message to Occupy Monsanto: Occupy yourself
- Canada cattle report: Canadian steer, heifer prices steady
- A conversation with Dr. Jim Marsden about the safety of beef
- Traders evening up positions ahead of the weekend Friday
- Nearly 1,000 emaciated cattle found on N.M. ranch
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- TSCRA works with sale barns to catch Houston cattle thief
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability