Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 18,000 Week ago Act: 20,743 Year ago Act: 25,104
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings firm to 2.00
higher. Heifers 2.00-3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active,
demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and
spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 173.00-185.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 185.00-190.00) 400-500 lbs 158.00-
170.00; 500-600 lbs 143.00-155.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
163.00-175.00; 400-500 lbs 148.00-160.00; 500-600 lbs 133.00-145.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 147.00-157.00;
400-500 lbs 137.00-147.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-135.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
AM11 Series Manure Fork