Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Feb 15, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 23,000 Week ago Act: 20,191 Year ago Act: 28,604
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings started the
week, 2.00-3.00 lower and continued to fall throughout the week.
By week end declines were up to 8.00 lower than last week. Heifers
2.00-5.00 lower. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 167.00-182.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 182.00-185.00) 400-500 lbs 151.00-
165.00; 500-600 lbs 133.00-150.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
157.00-172.00; 400-500 lbs 141.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 123.00-140.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 140.00-157.00;
400-500 lbs 130.00-147.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-135.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future