Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 26,000 Week ago Act: 20,200 Year ago Act: 29,250
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00-3.00 lower.
Heifers 3.00 lower. Trade and demand moderate. Bulk of supply con-
sisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 165.00-178.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 180.00-183.00) 400-500 lbs 150.00-
162.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-142.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
155.00-168.00; 400-500 lbs 140.00-152.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-132.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 137.00-150.00;
400-500 lbs 127.00-140.00; 500-600 lbs 117.00-130.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Commentary: New rules un-COOL
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- TSCRA works with sale barns to catch Houston cattle thief
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early