Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 21,000 Week ago Act: 25,603 Year ago Act: 31,017
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings Mostly steady.
Heifers steady. Trade and demand moderate. Bulk of supply con-
sisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 167.00-178.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 182.00-183.00) 400-500 lbs 150.00-
162.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-142.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
157.00-168.00; 400-500 lbs 140.00-152.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-132.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 137.00-150.00;
400-500 lbs 127.00-140.00; 500-600 lbs 117.00-130.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records