Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 22,000 Week ago Act: 20,561 Year ago Act: 26,092
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00-5.00 higher.
Heifers 1.00-3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate
to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weigh-
ing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 168.00-182.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 185.00-188.00) 400-500 lbs 153.00-
166.00; 500-600 lbs 138.00-150.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
158.00-172.00; 400-500 lbs 143.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-140.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 150.00-154.00;
400-500 lbs 130.00-142.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-130.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Ag markets are generally mixed in early-Wednesday trading
- Female markets soar during August
- Armyworms could be big issue for grain sorghum producers
- U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance launches new campaign
- Meat production industry strains land and water resources
- Most ag markets held up surprisingly well Tuesday