Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 22,000 Week ago Act: 20,561 Year ago Act: 26,092
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00-5.00 higher.
Heifers 1.00-3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate
to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weigh-
ing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 168.00-182.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 185.00-188.00) 400-500 lbs 153.00-
166.00; 500-600 lbs 138.00-150.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
158.00-172.00; 400-500 lbs 143.00-155.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-140.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 150.00-154.00;
400-500 lbs 130.00-142.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-130.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag markets proved generally firm in late Friday trading
- D.C. Watch: More farm bill pressure
- Cattle Outlook: Beef exports, imports higher in October
- Make adjustments to care for cattle as temperatures drop
- Ag markets posted mixed results Friday morning
- Modern beef processing plant reopens in western Nebraska
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- Changes to pipeline infrastructure to relieve Cushing bottleneck
- Resource guide assists military veterans interested in farming
- Bale grazing popularity continues to grow