Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 21,000 Week ago Act: 25,833 Year ago Act: 26,579
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 5.00-10.00 lower.
Heifers mostly 5.00 lower. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate
to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weigh-
ing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 160.00-182.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 175.00-185.00) 400-500 lbs 145.00-
166.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-150.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
150.00-170.00; 400-500 lbs 135.00-156.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-140.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 135.00-152.00;
400-500 lbs 125.00-142.00; 500-600 lbs 115.00-130.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- THE ag parody you've been waiting for
- Marbling and functional cows
- Ten universities receive research grants to study climate change
- Meeting the cows’ nutritional needs after calving
- Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association ranching event
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems