Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 14,000 Week ago Act: 12,677 Year ago Act: 24,763
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 4.00-6.00 higher.
Heifers 5.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to
good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 168.00-179.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 183.00-185.00) 400-500 lbs 153.00-
164.00; 500-600 lbs 138.00-149.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
158.00-169.00; 400-500 lbs 143.00-154.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-139.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 140.00-150.00;
400-500 lbs 130.00-140.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-130.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- BRD Management Solutions can keep cattle healthy and costs down
- Florida receives $1 million energy conservation grant
- EPA, American Farm Bureau Federation disagree on water rule
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Tuesday night
- Society for Range Management annual Texas meeting set for Oct.7-9
- Blasingame Chair: Reviewing the past and looking to the future