Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 19,000 Week ago Act: 14,091 Year ago Act: 26,969
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to 3.00
higher, with advances on steer calves weighing under 500 lbs. Heifers
2.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good. Bulk
of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 168.00-183.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 185.00-187.00) 400-500 lbs 153.00-
167.00; 500-600 lbs 138.00-150.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
158.00-172.00; 400-500 lbs 143.00-157.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-140.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 142.00-152.00;
400-500 lbs 132.00-142.00; 500-600 lbs 122.00-132.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future