Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 18,000 Week ago Act: 18,359 Year ago Act: 32,397
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings weak to mostly
5.00 lower. Heifers 5.00-6.00 lower. Trade moderate to active, de-
mand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed
heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 163.00-178.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 178.00-180.00) 400-500 lbs 148.00-
163.00; 500-600 lbs 133.00-148.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
153.00-166.00; 400-500 lbs 138.00-151.00; 500-600 lbs 123.00-136.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 135.00-146.00;
400-500 lbs 125.00-136.00; 500-600 lbs 115.00-126.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- FDA lacks clarity in trans fats phase-out process
- Animal-health industry commits to FDA Guidance 213
- IMI Global acquires Merck Animal Health's verification business
- Family farm or corporate farm – which is it?
- AgriLife Extension unveils new feral hog management app
- Repurposing and salvage value on cattle operations
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Weak Asian markets weighed on crop markets Sunday night
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- D.C. Watch: California’s water woes reach Washington
Caterpillar D Series Skid Steer and Compact Track Loaders