Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 15,000 Week ago Act: 16,560 Year ago Act: 33,958
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00 to 5.00
lower. Heifers steady-3.00 lower. Trade moderate to active, demand
moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed
heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 160.00-175.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 175.00-177.00) 400-500 lbs 145.00-
160.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-145.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
150.00-165.00; 400-500 lbs 135.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-135.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 132.00-145.00;
400-500 lbs 122.00-135.00; 500-600 lbs 112.00-125.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
Top Fill Slurry Tanks